Saturday, December 8, 2012

2 Minute DIY Infinity Scarf

This project is so fast, easy and inexpensive, you will feel bad for not making it sooner!  I know I did!  I am actually being pretty generous by saying it takes 2 minutes to make.  It will only take that long if you take your time making it.  All you need is an old, seamless t shirt (preferably size L or larger) and a good pair of scissors.  Make sure the t shirt does not have any seams.  This would not work well if you use a shirt with seams.  If you want a specific color scarf, check out your local thrift store.  They should have every shade of every color of t shirt.  Also keep an eye out for cool patters like this purple tie-dyed one I found at Goodwill.
 
Step One:
Cut the bottom hem off of the t shirt, then cut across underneath the sleeves, making sure to also cut underneath any wording or designs.
 
Step Two:
Find a partner and play tug-of-war with the scarf until it is stretched out to the max.  If you don't have a partner, you can loop the bottom of the scarf around your foot and then stretch it over your head with your arms.
 
DONE!
That had to be one of the easiest projects I have done yet!

I plan to look for more cool t shirt patterns the next time I go out thrift store shopping.  These scarfs are too cool and too easy not to make!

 


1 comment: